SINAMICS G120 is a modular drive inverter system that comprises various function units. These are essentially:
- Control Unit (CU)
- Power Module (PM)
The CU controls and monitors the PM and the connected motor in several operating modes that can be selected. It supports communications to a local control as well as to monitoring devices and equipment. The PMs has a power range from 0.37 kW to 250 kW.
Safety Integrated for safety-relevant machines and systems, capable of regenerative feedback into the line supply for energy saving and a new cooling concept
- Faster engineering, fast commissioning
- Using the SIZER and STARTER tools and data backup using the Basic Operator Panel (BOP-2) and MMC/SD card
- Efficient and consistent solutions
- Via Totally Integrated Automation (TIA), consistency from SINAMICS through to the automation level
Voltage and power ranges
- 1AC/3AC 200V - 240V 10%, 0.55 kW to 4.0 kW
- 3 AC 200V - 240V 10%, 5.5 kW to 7.5 kW
- 3 AC 380V - 480V 10%, 0.37 kW to 250 kW
Types of control
Vector control, FCC (Flux Current Control), multipoint characteristic (parameterizable V/f characteristic), V/f characteristic
SINAMICS G120 is especially suitable as universal drive in the whole of industry and the trades, in sectors such as automobile, textiles, printing, chemical as well as in general higher-level applications e.g. in conveyor systems.